How to Install Multiple OS Via USB. - A2zHackers

Latest Post

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

How to Install Multiple OS Via USB.

Follow Steps bellow:-

Step 1:- Download MultiBootUSB is available on SourceForge and appears to be a pretty popular  program for just this kind of task. 
Step 2:- It is limited to allowing installations of Linux-based Live distributions, however, most of the best Live CDs are Linux-based anyway. I decided to push on and just try adding the Kaspersky Rescue CD 10 ISO. The total size of the Kaspersky Rescue CD is 299 MB, so there is plenty of room for it on my 16GB drive. 

The total time to install it was about 25 minutes. It may feel like forever, but it is a process that you only have to do once.

Step 3:- The second ISO I added was the Ultimate Boot CD 5.11 ISO. At 359 MB, it took about 30 minutes to install. But if you have StumbleUpon or Facebook, the time flies by. Now, I have two different bootable operating systems on one USB flash drive.


Step 4:-  At this point, you’re supposed to be able to click on the QEMU tab and test the installations without having to reboot the system. QEMU is  a machine emulator and virtualizer, meaning it’s an operating system that will run in the Windows environment, but completely independent of Windows. I couldn’t seem to get this feature working with MultiBootUSB, even though I could use QEMU to boot the ISOs of the Live CDs I was using.

In the end, this wasn’t too important since I was able to boot my computer from the USB stick into both Kaspersky and Ultimate Boot CD. So, overall, the mission was accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Responsive Ads Here